Hangouts Chat service
Introduced in GitLab 11.2.
The Hangouts Chat service sends notifications from GitLab to the room for which the webhook was created.
On Hangouts Chat
- Open the chat room in which you want to see the notifications.
- From the chat room menu, select Configure Webhooks.
- Click on ADD WEBHOOK and fill in the name of the bot to post the messages. Optionally define an avatar.
- Click SAVE and copy the Webhook URL of your webhook.
When you have the Webhook URL for your Hangouts Chat room webhook, you can set up the GitLab service.
- Navigate to the Integrations page in your project's settings, i.e. Project > Settings > Integrations.
- Select the Hangouts Chat integration to configure it.
- Ensure that the Active toggle is enabled.
- Check the checkboxes corresponding to the GitLab events you want to receive.
- Paste the Webhook URL that you copied from the Hangouts Chat configuration step.
- Configure the remaining options and click
Your Hangouts Chat room now starts receiving GitLab event notifications as configured.